Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sydney



It was quite a journey from Portland to Sydney. The trans-Pacific flight was 14 hours from Los Angeles and the time change is 18 hours ahead. When I arrived, my host, Jean Riley from Primrose Paperworks picked me up and took me and took me to visit Primrose before we went she dropped me off at Cremorne Manor, the lovely guest house where I stayed the first two nights and caught up on some sleep.



Just to prove that I was really there, a picture of the Sydney Opera House which I took from a ferry.

I taught a weekend workshop on lampmaking at Primrose over the weekend. This is Marta's little shadow lantern. I had a lively group of students who all made wonderful objects. And by the way, Helen is a very common name in Australia. I met at least five Helen's :).

1 comment: